All Scripture is the inspired, inerrant Word of God
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 "When you received the word of God... you did not accept it as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God.
All that we teach comes from the Bible, not man's traditions
- Deuteronomy 4:2 “Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."
God is triune; one God, yet three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Matthew 28:19 “Go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.”
All people are conceived and born in sin.
- Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth; sinful from the time my mother conceived me."
Jesus Christ, God's Son, has won free forgiveness for all our sins
- 1 Peter 1:18-19 “We know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed…but with the precious blood of Christ, a Lamb without blemish or defect.
Heaven is ours as a free gift of God's love through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Faith comes through the Word of God
- Romans 10:17 “Faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard through the Word of Christ.
Baptism takes away our sins and gives us faith in Jesus
- Acts 2:38 “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Holy Communion takes away our sins and strengthens our faith in Jesus
- Matthew 26:26-28 “While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
We have complete peace through faith in Jesus
- Romans 5:1 “Since we have been justified (declared righteous) through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ!”
For a full statement of our beliefs, click here to read the Lutheran Confessions or click here to download and read our Synod's document "This We Believe".
Gethsemane Lutheran Church is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). For more information about the WELS, visit WELS.net. To learn more about Jesus, go to WhatAboutJesus.com